Friday, January 29, 2010

Oh how life has changed!!!

So, I have kids now...Yup that's right - two 20 year olds. Cassie and Anton moved in with Steve and I about a week and a half ago. They moved from Iowa to find a better life in VA, get jobs and become self-reliant. So far, they have applied at many different places, but we have heard nothing. Job searches are so difficult, but I will keep encouraging and we WILL find them a job!

I do love having them here. They help out a lot in the house since I am at work ALL the time and are really fun to be around.

Another change - Donnie has finally moved to Richmond and has begun taking classes at VCU. Quite a change for him from Harrisonburg. I am so proud of him and am also so glad that both of my siblings are within 10 minutes of me (or as Christina would say 30 minutes, but that's a discussion for another day).

Ashley's accident....The first week of January Ashley, one of my other nieces and her husband Jon got into a very serious car accident due to hitting some black ice and hitting 3 trees. Jon faired much better than Ashley, by only having a broken arm - and many scratches and bruises. He now has a plate in his arm the size of his forearm. Ashley on the other hand, was in critical condition. She was in a coma for 8 days, had internal bleeding, a broken pelvis, brain selling, among other things, but by the grad of God, finally woke up! Now, she stands in front of the long road to recovery. She has been moved to a rehab center to help with her rehabilition and we hope to see her again in the next few weeks.

Life can change in an instant. I never thought that one year ago I would be saying all of the these things that have happened to me in just the first few weeks of a new year, but I guess that's why they call it life.

No comments:

Post a Comment